Please follow this simple 4 step process for all returns to Ink Depot.
1. Obtain RA number
to return a product, you must first contact us to obtain a Return Authorisation (RA) number. Please call our Customer Service team on 1300 246 116 to get an RA number. We will send you an e-mail within 24 – 48 hours which will have the RA Number and the address to which to post the goods you wish to return.
2. Post goods back to us
create your own label and ensure the RA number is clearly marked on it. Most customers use Australia Post and register the package so that it can be tracked. It is your responsibility to pay the freight charges to Ink Depot and to ensure you have a proof of postage for goods returned to us. Please allow 2 – 4 days for Australia Post to return your parcel to our Warehouse.
3. We process your return
once we have received the returned goods, we will evaluate them and contact you to advise the result. It will normally take up to 5 working days for us to authorise your credit.
4. You receive your refund
once a credit has been authorised, you will have a choice of how the funds are refunded to you:
Please allow 3 – 5 days for your financial institution to process the funds back to your account.
There are 3 different categories of returns – please familiarise yourself with the details below for your particular return.
A. Faulty products (other than printers, copiers and faxes)
If you have installed a new cartridge and it does not work correctly, please see our FAQ to see if you can troubleshoot the problem yourself. Failing this, we will be happy to troubleshoot with you over the phone. If we are unable to help you fix the problem, the process below will need to be followed.
- we offer a 90 day money back guarantee on faulty products. Exceptions are made for some products where we have specific latitude given to us by the manufacturer of the product.
- genuine laser and copier cartridges - these are seldomly faulty, so when they do occasionally have a fault the Brand manufacturers:
- have a prerequisite that returns must have a printed page from the cartridge in question returned with the cartridge. There will be no exceptions as we are unable to obtain credits without these.
- they often deal with you direct to speed up the process of getting a replacement. In these cases we will give you their telephone numbers so you can deal with them directy.
- cartridges have to be over a minimum weight (normally at least 75% full) before we can accept them for return.
- if the product has been refilled or tampered with in any way, the credit will be rejected.
- all cartridges must be sealed and secured to ensure they do not leak or get lost in transit.
- items which have been received in a damaged condition must be reported to us via e-mail within 2 business days of the delivery date.
B. Faulty Printers, Copiers and Faxes
- we only manage the returns process for printing devices that are DOA (dead on arrival) within 7 days of the invoice date.
- for these returns, the printing device will normally be collected by courier from your location at our expense.
- after this initial period, all faults are handled through the brand manufacturer’s product warranty. You will need to contact them directly and follow their returns procedure. If you are unsure of what number to call, contact our Customer Service staff who will give you the correct number to call.
C. Incorrectly ordered goods (all products)
- we offer a 30 day money back guarantee for incorrectly ordered goods.
- all incorrectly ordered goods to be returned must be unopened and in "as new" condition otherwise the credit will be rejected. To avoid disappointment, please ensure:
- goods are unopened and in their original product box. Due to quality control procedures, we are unable to credit any returns where it appears that the box has been opened and resealed
- the original packaging has not been damaged in any way. We are unable to credit the return of an incorrectly ordered item without the original undamaged product box. Please use a different box for shipping so the original box is not marked with courier stickers, tape, tags or packing labels
- all incorrectly ordered goods returned to Ink Depot will incur a 10% restocking fee. This is a cost our suppliers charge us for the extra handling it requires to receive, process and restock a returned item.
Due to the competitive pricing of products offered by Ink Depot, we must strictly adhere to the return policy above. Thank you for your understanding.
We appreciate your loyalty and your business and furthermore, look forward to serving you and your friends with premium quality printing supplies.