Epson, one of the big names in the printer manufacturing industry has introduced the SureColor P706 Colour InkJet wireless printer to fulfill the requirement of producing high-quality professional photo prints. This A3+ photo printer comes in the latest design and uses new-age technology.
The Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ Printer features a sleek and compact design. It is 30% smaller than the previous generation of the Epson photo printers. Its dimensions (W x D x H) are 515 x 368 x 185mm. It weighs12.7kgs, enabling easier shifting or carrying when required.
Key Features & Benefits
Main features of the Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ Printer are listed below
- Printing speed: A4 – 2 mins | A3+ - 3.28 mins | 4" x 6" borderless: 48 secs
- Printing Mode: Uni & Bi-directional
- Paper trays: Paper Input - Top rear sheet feeder for plain and photo paper, Front manual for fine art & poster board, and a built-in rear roll paper unit| Paper Output – Front with extendable tray
- Display: 4.3” Touchscreen Colour LCD with gestural control
- Printing technology: Variable Sized Droplet Technology (VSDT) ensures optimal ink distribution in photographs
- Ink system and print head: UltraChrome PRO10 pigment ink, coupled with the Epson MicroPiezo print head vouch for the high-quality colour and B&W photo printing
- Paper sizes supported: A4, A3, A3+ (329 x 483mm), Letter (8.5"x11"), 3.5"x5" (90x130mm), 4"x6" (100x150mm), 16:9 (102x181mm), 5"x7" (130x180mm), 5"x8" (130x200mm), 8"x10" (200x250mm), 10"x12" (254x305mm), 11"x14" (279x356mm) 11"x17" (280x430mm), 12"x12" (300x300mm) sheets
- Print resolution: 5760 x 1440 optimised dpi
- Connectivity: options available are USB, ethernet, and Wi-Fi
Dedicated black inks:
The Photo / Matte Black inks have their own channel in the print head. Photo Black Ink generates rich, deep blacks on traditional photographic papers and matte black ink creates excellent effects on matte surface media.
Black enhance overcoat:
This technology ensures richer blacks, better contrast, and better tonality and also helps to keep a check on the gloss differential in dark areas on glossy media.
Advanced Black & White Photo Mode:
Users are free to select any of the pre-set modes, namely neutral, warm, cool, or sepia – to produce quality neutral or toned black-and-white prints. The custom slider bars and colour tone wheel enable advanced tone adjustment.
Epson Print Layout software:
Downloading this software is optional. This software allows the user to save the customized settings and automatically preview the personal images as per the settings.
Built-in roll paper support:
This printer features a built-in roll paper unit. This unit is used to generate simple but elegant panoramic prints coming in an edge-to-edge BorderFree photo printing format in sizes up to A3+.
The SureColor SC-P706 has a 4.3" touchscreen, enhanced with a keypad and gesture navigation. The touch screen has a touch-sensitive customizable LCD panel, to check the printer status, ink levels and perform routine maintenance tasks, with a swipe of the screen.
Printer Ink Cartridges
The Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ Printer uses the UltraChrome® Pro10 ink cartridges. These cartridges consist of 10 different colours including 4 types of black and 6 colours including Violet ink for a wider colour gamut.
|1||C13T46S100||Photo Black Ink Cartridge|
|2||C13T46S200||Cyan Ink Cartridge|
|3||C13T46S300||Vivid Magenta Ink Cartridge|
|4||C13T46S400||Yellow Ink Cartridge|
|5||C13T46S500||Light Cyan Ink Cartridge|
|6||C13T46S600||Vivid Light Magenta Ink Cartridge|
|7||C13T46S700||Gray Ink Cartridge|
|8||C13T46S800||Matte Black Ink Cartridge|
|9||C13T46S900||Light Gray Ink Cartridge|
|10||C13T46SD00||Violet Ink Cartridge|
The Epson SureColor P600 is a perfect alternative to the Epson SureColor P706 printer. Both are A3+ printers and features like Max print width, print head, print modes, and resolution are the same in them.
The Epson SureColor P706 printer is an improvisation of the Epson SureColor P600 printer. Important differences between both the models are presented in tabular form.
Epson SureColor P600 vs Epson SureColor P706
|Differences||SureColor P600||SureColor P706|
|Print speed||A3 – 2.5 mins A4 – 1.5 mins||A3 – 3.28 mins A4 – 2 mins|
|Control panel||2.7” Touchscreen Colour LCD||4.3” Touchscreen Colour LCD|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||616 x 369 x 228mm||515 x 368 x 185mm|
|Ink system||Ultrachrome HD||UltraChrome Pro10|
|Operating noise level||48.2dB||39dB|
Inside the box
- The below components are found inside the box
- The Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ Printer
- Power Cord
- 10 * High-capacity 25ml ink cartridges
- 1 X Maintenance Tank
- Set-Up Guide
- User Manual/Driver/Utility Software CD
- 10-channel MicroPiezo printhead
- Variable Sized Droplet Technology (VSDT)
- Separate channels for photo and matte black inks
- The ink system includes a violet colour ink for a wider colour gamut
- 4.3-inch customizable touchscreen
- Interior LED light for easy monitoring
- Space-saving compact design
- Feeding fine art paper is a bit harder
- Does not include on-board spectrophotometer
The Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ printer is equipped with a 10-channel MicroPiezo printhead for increased productivity. This printer has dedicated channels for both Photo and Matte Black ink types, thereby eradicating the requirement of ink switching.
It can use both roll and cut sheet media and is the smallest professional A3+ photo printer of Epson. The Surecolor P706 printer can take printing commands from the iOS devices. Its 4.3-inch customizable touchscreen and interior LED light to facilitate easy use and control.
Overall, the Epson SureColor P706 Colour InkJet Wireless A3+ printer turns out to be a good choice for photographers, graphic designers, fine art, and illustration businesses.