By introducing the PIXMA PRO-200 A3+ Colour InkJet Wireless Printer, Canon has made a value addition to its fleet of A3+ professional photo desktop printers. Its new 8-colour dye ink system ensures enhanced colour reproduction and vouches for high image quality. Canon has developed the PIXMA PRO-200 printer as an upgrade of its PIXMA PRO-100S printer.
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 A3+ Colour InkJet Wireless comes in an attractive design. It weighs around 14.1kg and is a desktop printer. It complements readily to any setting and features 689 x 385 x 215mm dimensions (W x D x H). The structural design of the PIXMA PRO-200 is very similar to the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer.
Key Features & Benefits
- Printing speed: 1 min 30 secs for Colour 11″x14″ image on A3+ with border and 2 min 55 secs for Black 11″x14″ image on A3+ with border
- Paper trays: Top tray, manual feed, and multi-purpose tray
- Display: 3.0 inch / 7.5cm LCD
- Printing technology: permanent print head/ink
- Ink cartridge: 8-colour ink cartridge (yellow, magenta, cyan, photo cyan, photo magenta, grey, light grey, black)
- Media types supported (all trays): Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Matte Photo Paper, Heavyweight Fine Art Paper
- Paper sizes supported (all trays): A3+, A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, LTR, LGL, Ledger, Hagaki and Envelopes
- Paper handling: top tray can handle 100 sheets of LTR, A4, A5, B5 and 50 sheets of B4, A3, LGL, and LDR
- Print resolution: this wireless photo printer has a 4800 x 2400 dpi printing resolution (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Bordered printing: Top margin - 3 mm, Bottom margin - 5 mm Left/Right margin - each 3.4 mm (LTR / LGL: Left - 6.4 mm, Right - 6.3 mm) | Recommended Top / Bottom / Right / Left margin for Fine Art Paper - each 25mm
- Borderless printing (Paper size):Top / Bottom / Right / Left margin: each 0 mm
- Paperweight: Top tray - the 64-105 g/m2 for plain paper and approx. 380g/m2 for Canon genuine paper | Manual feed - approx. 380g/m2 up to 0.6mm for Canon Genuine paper
- Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi
- Smart printing options: Canon PRINT Inkjet, SELPHY (for iOS / Android), AirPrint, Mopria*36, Canon Print Service (for Android), Windows 10 Mobile, PIXMA Cloud Link (from smartphone and tablet)
New 8-color dye ink system
The PIXMA PRO-200 has an expanded range of colour reproduction. The new 8-color dye ink system helps in printing artistic photographs with high-image quality and high-productivity. This new ink system includes newly developed magenta and black inks resulting in an expanded colour gamut for red and blue shades and enhanced reproduction and improved density of black colour.
Compatible with the latest media options
This printer allows the user to generate quality panorama size prints and features gallery wrap support functions that help to print on canvas that would be wrapped around the canvas stretchers.
Skew correction function
This function helps in preventing misalignment and in correcting the skew of text lines in scanned document images. It ensures proper alignment of all types of paper.
Digital Photo Professional and Adobe Photoshop
The PIXMA PRO-200 printer is designed to use the latest image editing software like Digital Photo Professional and Adobe Photoshop to produce prints with high-quality.
Canon EOS camera
This printer can print photos directly from the Canon EOS camera.
Printer Ink Cartridges
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Colour InkJet Wireless Printer features 8 ink cartridges and uses CLI-65 inks. These ink cartridges generate fade-resistant top-quality prints and produce vibrant colours to make the images real and professional. This 8-color dye ink system results in an expanded range of colour reproduction and colour distribution and higher black density.
|Part no||Cartridge Name|
|CLI-65C||Canon Cyan Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65PC||Canon Photo Cyan Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65M||Canon Magenta Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65PM||Canon Photo Magenta Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65Y||Canon Yellow Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65LGY||Canon Light Grey Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65GY||Canon Grey Ink Cartridge|
|CLI-65BK||Canon Black Ink Cartridge|
The Canon PIXMA PRO-1000 Colour Inkjet Wireless A3+ Photo Printer is an alternative for the Canon PIXMA PRO-200 A3+ Colour InkJet Wireless Printer.
Canon PIXMA PRO-1000 Vs Canon PIXMA PRO-200
|Differences||Canon PIXMA PRO-1000||Canon PIXMA PRO-200|
|No of Ink Cartridges||12||8|
|Supporting paper size||A2||A3+|
|Maximum resolution||2400 x 1200||4800 x 2400|
|Printing noise level||41dB||42.5|
- Top quality photo prints
- 4800 x 2400 dpi maximum resolution
- 8-ink dye-based system
- Uses a range of photo paper surfaces
- Finishes up to 0.6mm thickness
- Light-weight design
- Borderless photo prints
- Smart printing options
- Does not support A2 maximum print size
- No touch screen
- Absence of duplex photo printing
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 A3+ Colour InkJet Wireless Printer outputs quality photo prints featuring lively colour combinations and higher black density. It is fast, open to smart printing options, and has multiple connectivity options. The printer features a skew correction function preventing misalignment of papers. It works with the latest imaging software like Digital Photo Professional and Adobe Photoshop and can be connected with the Canon EOS camera. This printer is compact and can be easily shifted or moved from one place to another.
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 A3+ Colour InkJet Wireless Printer is designed to generate highly realistic images. It will be resourceful to the photographers and is flexible for installation at office, café, shared space, or home.