Photographs and images silently communicate thousands of words, therefore, it is important to generate them in high-quality. The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer is one amongst the printers you can bank upon to churn outstanding photos and images. It’s print quality, printing capacity, speed, use of latest technology, wireless connectivity options, compact size, and appeal add heft to its selection.
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer allows the generous use of creativity and technology to enhance the photos and images. Please read further, to know more about what the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer has in store.
Key Features & Benefits
Take note of the main features of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer.
- Printing speed: the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 takes 4 minutes and 15 seconds to generate a high quality A3 colour and monochrome print featuring borders
- Paper trays: is equipped with top tray (100 sheets capacity), manual feed (1 sheet capacity), and multi-purpose tray
- Paper Varieties and size: A3+/A3/A4/A5/B4/B5/LTR/LGL/Ledger/Hagaki/7"×10"/12"×12" L(3.5"×5")/KG(4"x6")/2L(5"×7")/8"×10"/10"×12"/ Square (127 mm/210×594 mm) Custom size (width 89 mm - 330.2 mm length 127 mm - 990.6 mm), 120 x120 mm
- Printing Dimension: the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 features 63.9 × 36.8 x 19.6cm (L x W x H) dimensions
- Print resolution: it features a 4800 x 1200 dpi resolution (for both black and colour)
- Ink Tanks: supports pigment 10 colours LUCIA PRO ink (Yellow/Magenta/Cyan/Red/Photo Cyan/Photo Magenta/Grey/Photo black/Matte Black)+ Chroma Optimizer
- Connectivity: the printer is connected using USB, wired LAN, Wi-Fi and PictBridge
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer is boosted with the latest technologies and systems. A snap-shot of those new-age technologies used in this printer is provided for your reference.
FINE Print Head:
The ink droplets are released under the ejection mechanism for the exact placement of ink droplets. The FINE print heads make sure the ink under the heater is released in a single ejection resulting in effective print output.
Nozzle recovery system:
The nozzles of the printer are monitored using sensors, when a clog is spotted in any one nozzle, the other nozzles automatically disburse ink on its behalf.
This function ensures that all types of paper are printed perfectly sans misalignment.
Borderless and bordered photos:
This printer can perform borderless printing in the following measurements: Top/bottom/right/left margin: each 0 mm
The measurements for bordered printing are as below:
Top margin：3 mm, bottom margin：5 mm/ left/right margin: each 3.4 mm (LTR/LGL: left: 6.4 mm, right: 6.3 mm) recommended top/bottom/right/left margin for fine art paper: each 25mm
Advanced Paper Feeding And Roller System:
The printer comes with an advanced paper feeding and a roller system to ensure seamless paper input to the printer.
L-COA PRO Image Processing Engine:
It helps the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 wireless printer to carry on printing at high speed and to deliver prints with standard quality.
Chroma Optimizer and Updated Matte Black:
The chroma optimizer ink provides an extended range of colours and the updated matte black results in enhanced black density, smooth gradations, and more detailing.
The printer is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices. It also works with the latest technical apps like, Apple AirPrint, Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY, Google Cloud Print, Easy-PhotoPrinter Editor app, Cloud Link and Mopria
Printer Ink Tanks
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer uses the PFI-300 10 colour pack. The pack includes 9 LUCIA PRO pigment-based inks of 14.4ml each and a chroma optimizer. These inks facilitate the printer to produce professional-quality photo prints with an expanded colour range and improved black density.
List of ink tanks used
Refer to the below table to know the ink tank code name, its colour, and the page yield for printing 4x6" PT-101 and A3+ PT-101 photos.
|Code Name||Colour||Page Yield (4x6" PT-101)||Page Yield (A3+ PT-101)|
|PFI-300PBK||Photo Black||303 photos||33 photos|
|PFI-300MBK||Matte Black||1750 photos||270 photos|
|PFI-300GY||Grey||236 photos||44 photos|
|PFI-300C||Cyan||735 photos||82 photos|
|PFI-300M||Magenta||785 photos||87 photos|
|PFI-300Y||Yellow||530 photos||87 photos|
|PFI-300PC||Photo Cyan||625 photos||116 photos|
|PFI-300PM||Photo Magenta||530 photos||73 photos|
|PFI-300R||Red||920 photos||129 photos|
|PFI-300CO||Chroma Optimizer||272 photos||97 photos|
In this section, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is compared with the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 to provide you a better understanding of its features and functions. The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 uses inkjet printing technology and the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 uses the FINE technology (Full-Photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering).
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 contains 7,680 nozzles (768 nozzles each for 10 inks) and the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 consists of 18,432 nozzles (1,536 nozzles each for 12 inks).
The max resolution of imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is 4800 x 1200 dpi and for imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 the same is 2400 x 1200 dpi.
The imagePROGRAF PRO-300 can perform borderless printing up to 13" wide and the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 can undertake borderless printing up to 17" wide.
The max print size (sheet media) for imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is 13 x 19" and the same for imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is 17 x 22" (Sheet Media).
While the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 comes with 9 LUCIA PRO pigment-based inks and the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 features 12 LUCIA PRO pigment-based inks.
The imagePROGRAF PRO-300 weighs 14.33kg whereas the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is heavier with 32kg.
Inside the box
The following are found in the box
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer
- Power cord
- Print head
- 10 individual ink tanks (PFI-300)
- CD printing tray
- Setup CD-ROM
- Starter guide
- Space-saving design
- 9-colour and chroma optimizer
- LUCIA PRO Ink system results in enhanced gloss uniformity and scratch resistance
- L-COA PRO image processing engine helps to handle large volume effectively
- Nozzle recovery system and skew correction enable perfect printing
- A 3.0" colour LCD display facilitates easy monitoring of vital parameters
- Absence of Duplex printing
- No provision to scan, fax, and copy
Having a suitable photographic printer with you helps in producing quality photos and images that do justice to your imagination and creativity. The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer has various attributes that make it a good choice for photographic printing. It is glossy and compact, upgraded with the latest techniques to enhance photo prints and images, uses quality inks, and features fair speed. Coming from Canon, a reputed name in printer manufacturing, the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Wireless Colour Inkjet A3+ printer doesn’t disappoint and turns out to be a good choice.